The SMC global sourcing team is aligned with a network of global suppliers to source and manage all needed packaging and labeling materials. Our team of product and packaging engineers is well versed in packaging for medical requirements including combination devices, medical devices, diagnostics, and kits.
Packaging of combination products can include the handling of drugs and biologics in their primary packaging such as aluminum canisters, capsules, glass or plastic cartridges and syringes; or pill form. Extra security and infrastructure is added for controlled substances.
Packaging for medical devices ensures that the finished product arrives at the final customer/destination intact, sterile and ready for use. SMC has experience with packaging of finished product in pouches or trays prior to sterilization as well as kitting after sterilization.
Diagnostics packaging needs can include added chemicals or fluid handling. Some substances require specialized controlled environments for storage or for assembly and packaging. POC diagnostics can leave SMC ready for sterilization and final distribution.
Packaging, Labeling, and Kitting services include:
- Drug and biologics handling
- Chemical and fluid handling
- In-line labeling, bar coding, and numbering
- In-line serialization
- RFID tagging
- Coordination of sterilization
- Coordination of additional labels/materials to be included in assemblies
- FDA-registered, cGMP/QSR compliant, Part 4 compliant, ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 accredited facilities
- Full product traceability
- Post-sterile product handling through distribution